Sunday, June 27, 2010

Someday

A couple of night ago, I just watched "Knight and Day", a movie starred by Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise. Hmm, even I don't like both of them, but I must say the movie is quite good. It's funny even the action scene is so-so and the story is just so cheesy. But it's entertaining anyway...

But there is one line that I really love from Tom Cruise, or Roy Miller or Matthew Knight at this movie. I love his definition about the word "someday". He said "someday" is such a dangerous word, because this word represent of a time that will never come.

Even he said it's a dangerous word, for me it's a saddening word yet beautiful...

Because when you hope for something, wish something that deep inside of you said that it won't come true, you'll say "someday". There is kind of hope in word of "someday". But still, it's saddening, because someday being used when you need adverb of time that will never come.

And somehow, for some reasons, this word being used as a title of several songs from Ash, Flipsyde, Nickelback, Nina, and greatest band on earth, The Strokes. I never thought about the lyrics before, but after Tom said it, I relistened of these songs again, and... it sucks...

In many ways, they'll miss good old days,
someday someday
Yeah it hurts to say, but I want you to stay
sometimes sometimes
(The Strokes, Someday)

Someday we'll leave behind
this sad life
and all it's lies
all it's harm, and all it's charm
oh someday
(Ash, Someday)

No comments:

Post a Comment